Legal terms of website use
1. About us and the Website
- The Family (Music) Limited is registered in England and Wales (with company registration number [ [). The registered address of the Investment Adviser is [ ].
- Our Website is made available free of charge.
- Before you start to use our Website, please read the following page (and the documents referred to in it) carefully. They will tell you the terms on which you may make use of our Website and explain certain legal and regulatory restrictions applicable to any investment in the Jupiter range of funds described on this Website.
3. Accessing the Website and changes to it
- We may update the information on the Website from time to time, although please note we are under no obligation to update it. However, we cannot confirm that the information is accurate, complete or up-to-date at any given time and, as stated above, you must always speak to an independent financial advisor if you wish to obtain investment advice. We may update or remove information from time to time for business reasons, for example because the subject matter is no longer relevant.
- Because this Website is for information purposes only, and is provided free of charge, access to it is not permanent or guaranteed. Accordingly, we may withdraw or remove what we provide on the Website, or we may close it, for business reasons. From time to time, we may restrict or suspend access to some parts of our Website, or the entire Website, for example for maintenance purposes.
- You are required not to introduce any data, by any mean available, on the Website which would or may modify or harm the content or the display of the information, presentation or structure of the Website.
4. Information not recommendation or offer
- The information contained in this Website is for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely or to amount to any recommendation.
- Nothing on this Website constitutes an offer to sell, a solicitation, or an offer to buy, any investment, securities, funds, financial instruments, products or services, or to engage in any other transaction, or to provide any investment advice, recommendation or service.
- You must obtain independent professional or specialist advice before making any decision or taking (or refraining from) any action (including among other things to purchase a financial product or service, enter a contract for the same, or make any decision after you have entered such a contract).
- We may refuse any applications or requests for further information we receive.
- Any opinions expressed on this Website, whether in general or both on the performance of Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited and in a wider economic context, represent the views of the contributor at the time of preparation. These opinions may change from time to time. They should not be interpreted as investment advice or as a recommendation.
- We are not authorised to provide investment advice. If you are unsure of the suitability of any investment contained in this Website, please contact an Independent Financial Adviser or another appropriate person who is authorised to provide an independent professional advisory service.
5. Country restrictions
- Shares in Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited are not available in all countries or to all investors.
- The information contained in this Website is directed only at persons or entities in any jurisdiction or country where access to that information and the use of it is not contrary to or in breach of local law or regulation. Please ensure that you comply with all applicable laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdiction when accessing the information contained in this Website, as legal obligations will apply to you as well as to us.
- All sections of the Website are reserved exclusively for non-US and non-Canadian Persons. If you are a US or Canadian Person, you must not access any part of the Website. A 'US Person' is a national, citizen or resident of the United States of America or a corporation or partnership organised under the laws of the United States of America or having a principal place of business in the United States of America. A ‘Canadian Person’ is a national, citizen or resident of Canada or a corporation or partnership organised under Canadian law or having a principal place of business in Canada.
6. No liability for third party websites
- The Website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided for your information and convenience only, and do not amount to a recommendation or endorsement by us of that third party or its website. Please note that we have no control over the content of a third party website, and we have not verified the accuracy of any content on such third party website. Accordingly, we are not liable for the content or availability (or lack of availability) of such third party websites.
7. About cookies
- Accessing the Website will create a "Cookie". A cookie is a small amount of data which is transferred to your browser by a web server. Cookies may be used to recognise you and facilitate your access to the Website without the need for you having to state your preferences again. Cookies may also be used to remember your activities and facilitate navigation as well as being used to track your visits to this Website.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Details of how this can be achieved can be found in your browser's ‘Tools’ menu. However if you decline cookies you may find that you cannot access some parts of the site or the website will not function properly.
- For full information, please read our Cookies Policy.
9. Our intellectual property rights
- You may copy and download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal reference only.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use the illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged. You must not in any way use any part of the materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us to do so.
- [The Family (Music) Limited] is the registered owner of a number of trade (and trade mark applications) including (without limitation) on the UK and CTM registers. The trade marks include, but are not limited to, "Hipgnosis"
10. Linking to this Website
- To let us know that you are providing links to our Website on an external source, then please contct us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. No liability
- These terms exclude or limit our legal liability for the Website, as far as the law permits us to do so. Please take the time to read them carefully.
- We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- Although we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate, we do not give or make any warranty or representation (whether express or implied) that any such information is accurate, timely, complete or available. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage whatsoever and however it arises as a result of your use of or reliance on the information on the Website, or for your inability to access or use the Website for any period of time.
- If you are a private individual, please note that we only provide our Website for private and personal use and information purposes only. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial, professional, trade, or business purposes, and we will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity, however this arises.
- If you are a business, please note that:
- We will not be liable for any loss of profits, sales, business or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or wasted management time. We will also not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Our liability to you is limited to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
- We use reasonable efforts to ensure that our Website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we do not represent or warrant that your use of this Website (including any content on it or any third party website accessible from it) will be error free, delay free, or will not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the Website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, we will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
12. Governing Law & Jurisdiction